The visitor to the Town Hall of Priego de Córdoba can contemplate from today the new object loaned by the Andalusian Public Foundation El legado andalusí to that institution to be shown in the exhibition space reserved for this purpose in the hall of the building. On this occasion it is an original map representing the Kingdom of Granada, which can be admired for the next four months.
Priego de Córdoba has been historically linked to the Kingdom of Granada. In some stages it belonged to this kingdom, such as the period of Taifas, in the 11th century. During the Nasrid period it was on a border area, passing from Christian to Muslim hands on several occasions and vice versa (13th and 14th centuries).
In this map of the Kingdom of Granada, made in 1635, we can see how Priego was set on the kingdom’s frontier.