The Mayor of Lanjarón, Eric Escobedo and the Director of the Andalusian Public Foundation El legado andalusí, Concha de Santa Ana, have inaugurated the exhibition El Alma DeSgranada: a journey to the memory of the kingdom of Granada in the venues of the Tourism Office of the town.
This photographic exhibition covers part of the vast heritage left after eight centuries of history of the kingdom of Granada, from the year 1013 to 1833. The works involve a symbiosis of reality and imagination; reality as far as the real patrimony that unquestionably endures from that Kingdom, and imagination in terms of the scenes depicted in these photographs, which may well have happened, but they are only patches of fantasy.
A large part of the works on display are closely linked to enclaves located along the Route of Las Alpujarras of El legado andalusí, which includes towns both from the provinces of Almería and Granada; from Laujar de Andarax to Órgiva and Lanjarón, going through the Poqueira river ravine or La Taha, and other that, although less unknown, are not less interesting such as Laroles, Turón, Murtas, Cádiar or Torvizcón.
Lanjarón is the gateway to the Alpujarra of Granada and one of the most relevant milestones along this Route, one of the most emblematic ones of the project The Routes of El legado andalusí, included by the Council of Europe as European Cultural Itinerary. Although the Route has not been materialized so far, El legado andalusí will launch it soon.